Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 29

Thema: O-Tone vs. Synchro

Standard O-Tone vs. Synchro

Hey, I`d like to open this discussion thread about pros and cons of O-Tone and Synchro. I think it would be an interessting conversation!

I myself like synchro a little bit more but for details I thought about listing my personal pros and cons!

O-Tone Pros:
    - You hear the real voices and the lips fit to the spoken word
    - You hear original jokes wich are much better sometimes
    - You can see the Show much earlier because sychro takes a lot of time and the germans are very slowly

Synchro-Pros:
    - You can lounge back and relax
    - You can understand jokes by the first time and don`t have to watch it three times or look into the transkript
    - It is like with books and film version: What you have seen first, you like most, so I like the german voices more than the originals. I also can`t distiguish the o-tone voices so I can not just listen, because I don`t know who is speaking.

These are my pros and cons. I think I already like both O-tone and Synchro, but most I like watching it in my own language.
    There are also films and TV-Series (like "The Persuaders"/dt. "Die Zwei") which are in O-tone very boring and the synchro makes them very funny.

What dou you think?

Wyrd bid ful àraed Avatar von Chevron88000

Standard

Often the German voices sound cooler than the originals! Especially O`Neills and Teal`c`s voices sound really amazing in German! I think that was a pro for synchro then, and a con is definitly the wrong spelling of some words in the synchro like Goa`uld is transformed into Goa`ult and Jaffa (tschaffa!) into Jaffa (jahffa!). But that has been improved in the later Seasons!
    3. Ratsmitglied "Dritter"
    SG-R.O.A.R.
    (Konzept/Idee: Chevy; Charaktere und Storybogen: Lt. Colonel Arcadia)
    Ein neues Elite-Team steht bereit, um euch durchs GATE zu bringen!!
    Spoiler 
    1x Platin, 1xBlech, 9xBronze, 5xSilber, 5xGold sowie ein Dinner mit Dieter Bohlen (Terraner sei dank ), eine silberne Spinne, den Baka-Sonderpreis, den Dieter-Bohlen-Musik Preis und eine Reise nach Hawaii bei Stargate in den Mund gelegt
    Das Abenteuer geht weiter in The Lost Race - The Quest For The Stars
    Hebe ich den Blick dann sehe ich keine Grenzen!

Standard

Hey!! Why are you so uninterested in the English Area?! Nobody is writing something. Don`t you like english??? It`s a pity!

Meister der Ungehudeltheit Avatar von Terraner
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Malp am Stiel Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey!! Why are you so uninterested in the English Area?! Nobody is writing something. Don`t you like english??? It`s a pity!
    English is cool, but the english-speakers are watching Stargate in english, because of that they don't know very much about the german synchro.

And to the topic: I'm always watching Stargate in german, because then i could better understand it. Sometimes I'm watching Stargate in "castellano" (spanish?) and laugh about the synchro.^^
    ...jetzt neu: [SGA] Grüne Hölle

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

O-Tone Pros:
    - You hear the real voices and the lips fit to the spoken word
    That's true!!! I really like the original voices of Daniel, Mitchell and Vala. But from Jack I like the German voice much more.

I always look Stargate Atlantis in English. And now I'm so used to it that it was really strange when I look the last time an episode in German.

- You hear original jokes wich are much better sometimes
    Yeah, but sometimes I need someone who explain me the real meaning. For example the sentence: "It's a piece of cake." I heard it, I could translate it, but I didn't know that it has two meanings.

- You can see the Show much earlier because sychro takes a lot of time and the germans are very slowly
    That is the reason why I started to look the episodes in English. And now I really like it.

Synchro-Pros:
    - You can lounge back and relax
    Okay, but after some seeings I know the episodes so good that I can also relax with English.

- You can understand jokes by the first time and don`t have to watch it three times or look into the transkript
    It's true, but after a while I'm getting better and understand much more during the first watching. It depends on the qualitiy of the video. My SGA-DVDs are a little bit awsome. The English soundtrack is much quiter than the German so I had much mor to concentrate.

- It is like with books and film version: What you have seen first, you like most, so I like the german voices more than the originals. I also can`t distiguish the o-tone voices so I can not just listen, because I don`t know who is speaking.
    I see this in the same way. But with Ben Browder I had the problem I saw him first at Farscape so I'm used to this synchro-voice and had some problems with his voice in Stargate, so I like his original voice much more.

At the end I want to say that I also like looking the episodes in both ways. I really like the english version for training my english skills and I like the german version, because I don't have to concentrate to understand everything.

Wer keinen Mut zum Träumen hat, hat keine Kraft zum Kämpfen.

deviantART, Livejournal: [Icons, Wallpaper]

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Lorien Beitrag anzeigen
    At the end I want to say that I also like looking the episodes in both ways. I really like the english version for training my english skills and I like the german version, because I don't have to concentrate to understand everything.

I think so, too. Meanwhile I also watched my Stargate-DVDs in the english Version (God bless DVDs ) and its really fun, but for a nice evening with popcorn and beer, I take the german Version (God bless DVDs).

RDA speaks very clearly in the O-Tone, so do Amanda and Chris, but with Michael Shanks I have sometimes difficulties to understand him. He mumbles a bit, and his voice is not that striking (markant) like his german Synchro-Voice (who ever that is). But that can be a subjective feeling of mine

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

God bless DVDs
    That's so right!!!!

With Amanda and Chris I've also no problems. They are easy to understand and I have no problems with their voices (in both languages). Maybe Chris original voice is a little bit better because deeper.

But I have some problems with RDA. Not in understanding, but with the sound of his voice. I'm sure it's mostly a subjective feeling.

And with Michael Shanks it's the other way. I like more the sound of his original voice, but you're right sometimes he speaks not so clear. So I had to see this part (or the whole episode) some times more.

Standard

RDAs original voice seems to be strange because his synchro voice is striking (now I found a word ) and then you can`t familarize with antother voice.
    Chris` voice is really much better than the synchro, perhaps they were not able to find somebody in germany speeking that deep
    Did you know that Michael Shanks speeks the original Thor voice? When you listen to the english version very careful you can hear it. And when he speaks Thor he has to speak very clearly, so i think he is able to but perhabs Daniels role has this little mumble *g*

Troublemaker Avatar von iolanda
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

I prefer watching the original just because its the original. This is the way it was produced and meant to be with all the intranslatable in-jokes and puns I love Stargate for.

On the other hand I think that the synchro is indeed very well done in this series. I know far worse synchronisations.

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

@iolanda: I also think that the synchro for this series are really good.

But I've found another pro for the O-Tone:

Often during the synchro some characters lost their accents. And this is not so good, because it gives them something special. You can hear it very clear in the synchro for SGA, where both Dr. Beckett and Dr. Zelenka losts their accents. And I like their speaking!!! I think in German you really miss something. Especially to Carson I could listening for hours.

Blog-Einträge

Standard

There is another point: you listen to the voice whioch belongs to the actor (OK, when it goes to die Goa'uld its more or less the voice, but I think you get the point). When I see one of the actors in another film in the original I recognize him with his voice.

For me its really disturbing wen an actor has this voice here and that voice there

Standard

You're both really right with the Pros to O-Tone, but another arguement is that I'm too lazy! I will make it better and watch more often in english.
    Perhaps you get familar with the spoken english if you only watch it very often!

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

Now I've seen SGA so often in the o-tone that I almost forgot the German voices. Since I got the DVD box for Season 2 I only watched the episodes in English. Also during the last months I often saw Season 1 in English. But so two weeks ago I tried an episode in German and it was so horrible!!!!! Everyone sounds so false and strange!!! I had really to watch and concentrate who was speaking. Actually I would say never again, but I'm sure that I will watch the 3rd Season one time in German - for beeing sure that I had understand everything.

Standard

Same was my experience and I also think that I will watch the third season in german (just for to know that it is better in english). I haven't seen Epiphany in english yet but the emphasis of Sheppard saying: "Ein Malp am Stiel!" is so very superb. I think I must look this in english
    Sorry but I can't change my nick in "Malp-on-a-Stick" but that would be a pity if I did it. *g*

Standard

Hey! Where has the "English Area" gone? Why is it now "Babel"?? This is terrible! Okay, why not Multilanguage Area okay, too long, but wrong topic.

On Friday I watched Brotherhood again because I was looking for the Mensa-quotes. Then I decided to watch it in german again and.... oh my god, it was really terrible. I would not have thought, that I would ever say that but it was actually terrible. Okay, the Synchro is very good, but the accentuations of the peobpple, especially Rodney and Sheppard, never fit. Okay, perhaps I wont' watch the third season in german

Tomorrow I have to write an english class test and I do not intend to learn. Perhabs the watching and reading helps

There is good in you... Avatar von Chayiana
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Hey, guys, I just watched "Sateda" again and concerning the upcoming german version I was wondering how they will translate this:
    SHEPPARD: I don’t envy you. It must be a real pain in the ass.

McKAY: Oh. How long d’you work on that?
    That's such a nice ambiguous phrase. But I truly believe this makes only sense if you say it in english.

So, what do you think... how (bad) they'll translate this???

Standard

I think Sheppard will say: "Ich beneide Sie (this stupid "Sie") nicht. Sie müssen unglaubliche Schmerzen haben." - Very very boring!!

Blog-Einträge

Standard

I was wondering, if the UK-version of SG1 season 10 will be released earlier than the german one. I do not really need the dubbed version, and I do not want to wait until almost next year to get it. Recently tried to watch an episode in german, but I am so used to the original voices that it just doesn't fit anymore for me. And my english is good enough to understand 99,9%. So Region 2 all englisch would be nice for me (I also have Harry Potter 2 only in englisch because the german version was cut - and I do not need the FSK 6 version 'cause I am slightly over 12 years old and can cope with artificial spiders...)
    Geändert von iolanda (15.05.2007 um 10:05 Uhr)

Standard

Zitat Zitat von iolanda Beitrag anzeigen
    I was wondering, if the UK-version of SG1 season 10 will be released earlier than the german one. I do not really need the dubbed version, and I do not want to wait until almost next year to get it. Recently tried to watch an episode in german, but I am so used to the original voices that it just doesn't fit anymore for me. And my english is good enough to understand 99,9%. So Region 2 all englisch would be nice for me (I also have Harry Potter 2 only in englisch because the german version was cut - and I do not need the FSK 6 version 'cause I am slightly over 12 years old and can cope with artificial spiders...)
    Yessss!! Me too! Now I finally changed my mind and I would say that you can't live with the synchro, because it really does not fit to the series: both series.

Standard

Okay, this is a little bit off topic, but I don't want to open another thread. Here is an example for the german art of translation (I thought about: Deutsche Übersetzungskunst). And I mean it not in a positive way. *lol*
    From the film "The Shadow" from 1994 there is a sentence, the Shadow often speaks in a very deep tone and it sounds mostly very dangerous. It is taken originally from a radio-show of the 1930ies, so the speaker has to do good work with it. If you want to look it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow
    the sentence is: "Who knows, what evil lurks in the hearts of men? - The Shadow knows" and it ist really really thrilling on the Radio Show.
    Now there is a synchronisation that is mostly very okay, but this sentence sounds in the german version as follows: "Wer vermag zu sagen, welches Böse in den Herzen der Menschen schlummert?"
    Isn't that horrifying? Terrible, very terrible!!

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte