Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 57

Thema: Stargate books

Standard Stargate books

I am reading the Stargate books from Fandemonium (the publisher) at the moment. Perhaps anyone else has read them and likes to talk about it in english with me. I really do like this books because the characters are described more particularily than in the series. So for instance in Trial by fire form Sabine C. Bauer. Daniels ascension and the consequences for him are very detailled. He blames himself for not helping Jack in Abyss very much.
    Also the describtions of the characters itself are more subtle.
    Some books are written in easy english but Trial by fire f.i. is very dificult to read. I`ve also read every Stargate Atlantis book without Rising (because i have the DVDs) and Exogenesis. Can somebody tell me, if it is good?

Standard

Heyho! Nobody there who reads Stargate? Do you think its trash?! Then you can`t watch Stargate, because the books are much better than the series.

For indecisives I like to write a few reviews:

Stargate SG-1 "A Matter of honor" and "The Cost of honor" by Sally Malcolm
    The team visits a planet on wich they find the technology to save SG-10 from the Black hole (Episode "Matter of time", second season). But the people there do not want to trade the technology. Obsessed by the idea to save his friends, Jack steals the technology. Back home they got trouble with Kinsey who has his own intensions. Without telling anybody, not even Hammond, they start for a mission to the fortress of Ba`al (from the Episode "Abyss"), in which they hope to find the second part of technology that is needed for the rescue.

Nice conspiracy that comes out in the second part of the story (book two). Kinsey is an ass even worse than in the series and Hammond doubts of Jack O`Neill. The characters are much more difficile written in all books I ever read (Books 1-7 of SG-1 and books 2-4 of Atlantis). I can`t lay the books aside because they were that thrilling. I read it in a few days.

"Siren Song" by Holly Scott and Jamie Duncan

This book is written for everyone who wants to see somebody of Sg-1 as a Goa`uld. And for those who like Goa-Stories and like to know about the things going on in ones head if a Goa`uld took him. Also there are funny To`kra-Stories in this book, because Jacob/Selmak talk to each other. This parts can`t be pictured by the TV series. You can only read it. I think, this story is one, that can only be in written form, but was also a lost potential of the series.

Here the link to amazon, if somebody likes to look into some of the books:

Stargate-books in english

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

Sorry, I didn't found the thread.

I've read all the books of Stargate Atlantis! And now I collect the books from Stargate SG-1. I like them really much, because - how you had wrote - the characters are much better described. And I like it much to read the thoughts of the persons - this is something they can't really show on the screen.

I had to say: I really, really love reading. I have so much books that they stand in two lines in the shelves of my room - most of them Science Fiction and Fantasy. So it was a must to buy the books from Stargate. But only during the last year I discovered the possibility to get books (which are never printed in German) in English by amazon. But now it's a very good chance to train my English skills.

At the moment I like most the Stargate Atlantis book "Reliquary". I think it has many good scenes betwenn Rodney and Sheppard. I've also read "Exogenesis". It's quite okay. But have you seen the momentary prize at amazon?!?! Luckily I get my book before they rise the prize. If you want a short description: http://stargate-project.de/stargate/...?t=4547&page=5 Look at answer #87. If you want more (and in English ) tell me here.

From Stargate SG-1 I've already read "Sacrifice Moon" and "Siren Song". Really good. Especially "Siren Song". I like this book and the scenes between Jack and Daniel. And the conflict in Daniel after... you know. Your description about "Trial by Fire" sounds very interessting. I think I will buy it the next time.

Now I'm waiting for three more books I ordered at amazon. Including the new Stargate Atlantis book. I hope they will come at the end of this week or in the next week. Luckily I have holidays (but with homework ), so I hope I will have much time for reading.

I'm very interested in discussing, if you want.
    Geändert von Lorien (28.03.2007 um 16:35 Uhr)

Wer keinen Mut zum Träumen hat, hat keine Kraft zum Kämpfen.

deviantART, Livejournal: [Icons, Wallpaper]

Standard

Hey, thats cool! At least somebody who reads the books Thats fine! I already have the next one here - "Survival of the fittest" and I will read it next week when I have a 5 hours ride on a bus to Hamburg *g*. When I am back, I can tell you what it was like. I also have orderd "Alliances" and "Exogenesis" at amazon, but not direktly but at a seller, so it was cheaper.

Which part of "Siren Song" did you like most?
    Spoiler 
    I liked most the scenes with Daniel, when he tries to took his body back, but I had little problems to understand the end. Does SG-1 destroy this creature with a grenade? Or is it still alive? Why where there these strange feelings about the team, these of which Daniel could manage to fight against Sebek? Might be a little bit opaque, but still really good. The last scene with Daniel and Jack was superb, when Daniel says: "Can you forget?" and Jack: "Forget what?" *gee*

I also think, it is good that in the novels the authors write more about the Jack/Daniel-Relationship after Daniel remembers what happend at Ba`als fortress. (This scene is in "Trial by fire" but all the books refer on it.)

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

Yeah... "Suvival of the fittest" is already ordered at amazon. The waiting is really hard, but I have to wait until the date of publication for "Entanglement". I've also ordered "City of Gods". You said "A Matter of Honor" is also good, so I think it will be also on my wishlist (both parts). Unfortuntately I'm in Graz (Austria) at the moment so the books are a little bit more expensive.

To "Siren Song":
    Spoiler 
    I also like most the scenes with Daniel. When he is captured inside his own body and had to watch what Sebek does. And when he tried to convince Jack that it is him and not the Goa'uld. I think they destroy the most of the maschine with this grenade, but maybe there is somewhere a storage where parts of Lorelei could have survived.

Yeah, the last scene is really good. I like also the part before, where Daniel said he hates the gaps in his mind. It's so much like him. It's the other way Jack would do. They are a good team. I really missed Daniel during the 6th season.

And now I'm more interested about "Trail by Fire". To read Daniels reaction when he remembers.

Standard

Then we could talk about "Trial by Fire" when you read it. And when we both read "Survival of the fittest". I am mostly very fast, because when I beginn one of the books, I can`t stop until its over *g*

"Entanglement" and "Roswell" (the new SG-1 will be published in May) are on my wishlist, but I will order them when they are avaliable. The two books (part one and two) are really really good, the best I read, I think.

Spoiler 

Siren Song is a bit unlikely, but that`s Sci-Fi. On Tv they could not have implement this story, don`t they? What dou you think? There are too many feelings an thoughts and not enough action for an episode on TV. But this is what the book is about.

I think the scene in one of the last chapters before Jack, Aris and Sebek/Daniel go into the cave, where Daniel fights obviously with Sebek is very cool. First Sebek speaking and the Daniel. I could really imagine this scene. And the ones after they are out of the cave on the boat and Daniel lies in Jacks arms - very sweet, I thought.

I think, Jacks jokes and sayings are also very funny in the books. I remember just one: "I stopped listening, when I realized that you are talking". I think its from "A Matter of honor"

"Sacrifice Moon" - this was the worst of all the books. Not terrible but not that good like the others. Sam and Daniel as killing-machines - Naaaah! And Sam as Children-killer (don`t know if this is correct english ) - never! Another acrid Goa`uld but no really nice intrigue or conspiracy.
    The story with the bonds on ther heads with scorebords to wich fracton (good or bad) they belong is a bit like the Star Trek Episode "The Gamesters of Triskelion".
    The End was okay, but the book was also very short, so no long fun *g* What do you think about it?

I read SG Atlantis books "Reliquary", "The Cosen" and "Halcyon". Perhabs, we can talk about them tomorrow, when I got a bit of sleep
    Reliquary was "Conversion"-like, but still very nice Icky Shep

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

It was a bad idea to start talking about this book , because now I've also ordered "Trial by Fire" and the both "Honor"-books. Not so good for my moneybag. Luckily this three books are not so expensive and maybe I'm strong enough not to buy so much books during the next months. (That would be really, really hard. ) Most times I'm also fast with reading. I also read to much during times when I had a lot to do for university. When the book is good I had to read it until it's finished. During school I lost a lot of sleep because of this.

Spoiler 

Siren Song:
    I see it in the same way. And I like such books as a completion to the stories on TV. With so much "thinking moments" there is in my opinion no chance to do this on screen. It would lost to much. Especially the scenes inside Daniels mind. There must not be so much action in a good book when it's written in a good way.
    I like the most of the scenes between Daniel and Jack. It shows a lot about their relationship. And I like the moment when Aris saw the interaction between the both and how they understand each other with only a few words or looks. And yeah, the scenes when Daniel is injured and Jack takes care of him are quite good.

Sacrifice Moon:
    Yeah, the book was really short. For me books must have as much pages as possible. The book was not sooo... bad, but it will not become my favourite one. I think there were also some really good scenes between Jack and Daniel. How Jack changed his view about Daniel since their first meeting (in the film). I had to laugh about the scene when Carter asked Daniel about Jack and he had to told her that he only know him a short time longer and that it's not usual for Jack to told something about himself.
    You ever read the book to the film? I only have the german version. But this book was the reason that I want to see the movie and later that I start to see Stargate on TV.
    But you are right. Sam's behaviour was a little awsome. Maybe I've seen this Star Trek episode, but I don't know the English titles and it's a long time ago.

It's a good idea to save some books for another day. I also had to go to bed now.

Standard

The German Title is "Meister der Sklaven" and I mean the original Series.
    And no, I didn`t read the original Stargate book. Is ist avaliable at amazon?
    I`m buying allways at the beginnig of a month and then, at the end, I have not much money, but thats obvious

Wow! I am really tired today. It was a short night, but I can`t await to write something here:

Spoiler 

Sacrifice Moon:
    The story takes place short after the pilot episode. That is the problem. Perhaps the characters are described too exact and they know each other too good as it could be possible for the first year. And I think for the author it is difficult to write such a book, when you already watched nine seasons

The scenes between Jack and Daniel are good in the book. Their relationship is much more important in all boks than in the series.

I`m sorry Lorien, I really have to go to school now, but I will be back in the afternoon! CU then! Bye!
    Malp on a stick
    Geändert von Malp am Stiel (29.03.2007 um 16:26 Uhr)

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

The original book is (more or less) avilable at amazon. Look here: http://http://www.amazon.de/Stargate...174637&sr=1-15 There is only one review, but I think it's nearly the same I would say about the book.

Every time I say to myself, no mroe than one or two books a month, but for this I had to stay away from book stores. It's not so easy when a really good one is on my way to the university. And I like it to inform me about new and maybe interessting books. I'm also a member of the next public library in the cities I live a little bit longer ( okay... at this time: only two different cities). It's a good way to save some money, but they don't have the Stargate books.

Spoiler 

Sacrifice Moon:
    I think you're right with your critic about that they are to close to each other for this short time after the pilot. The writer should have shown - in my opinion - more about how they learn from each other and how they find together to this good team we know from the later seasons.

The scenes between Jack and Daniel are good in the book. Their relationship is much more important in all books than in the series.
    That's what I like so much about the books.
    Yeah, maybe I should confess (I'm sure you already know it ) I'm also an absolut Daniel-fan.

Reliqary:
    Again, you're right. I had also strong memories to Conversion when I had read the book. But nevertheless I like the story much. And especially the scenes between Rodney and John. I like the part when John starts getting sick and Rodney is afraid of him. "What's wrong? Did he shot you? You should have mentioned it earlier. Rugged stoicism has its place in these situations, but..." And so on. It shows really good that Rodney not only cares about himself.

Standard

Today I got money *g*, but I allways say to myself: Don`t buy too much . Sometimes it helps, but not allways *lol*
    Our library here is not the best. They are very expensive and have no good books. I had some "Star Trek" books from there, when I was under 18 and the library was free.

My first book I read in english was ax X-Files book I found in a book store in berlin in 2001. After that I read Star Trek books in english which were not avaliable in german. And when I found the Stargate books, I tried one and that was "Reliquary"

Spoiler 

Yes!! Rodney cares about Sheppard. Both caracters were very fine in this book and the end was better than the Conversion-End I think I have to read it again but the scene when John was captured and Rodney helps him and then the later scenes when they are together are the best. And the scene before, when Teyla injects Sheppard the serum *wow*

I think you now must read the other books so that we can talk about them. There are so pretty scenes but I won`t tell you now

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

My first english book was at school "Animal Farm" from George Orwell. At this time not so easy to read. So really reading books in English I start one year ago when I searched for the filmbook to "Serenity". It was only available in English so I tried this. It was so easy to read at I had so much fun that I tried other books until I found the books to Stargate. And my first Stargate book was also "Reliquary". Do you think too it's a little bit awsome how much is the same that we like?!

Spoiler 

The most of the other persons comes a little bit to short in "Reliquary". This story lives from the relationship between Rodney and Sheppard. How they react and what they think. Have I already told you how much I like it to look in Sheppards mind (or Daniels )?
    I really like the last scene when Sheppard goes to the Jumper not sure if it will react to him and than the relief when all is fine. But the scene between Teyla and him is also great. During the reading I could really feel the fight inside Teyla. Also this scene at the end in Weirs office, when Sheppard said to Teyla that it was not her fault. And one last scene for today: nearly at the end when Sheppard almost collaps and Rodney told the others: "It's killing him, what the hell do you think?" It's a hard moment but I also think it's so sweet that he says this.

It's better you don't tell me the good scenes from the other books, so the waiting time will not become more harder. But to discuss these books makes me only more interested in reading the other books.

What do you think about the "outer" qualitiy of the books? I think it's not so good, because all of my english books have allready yellow pages and you can clearly see where I hold them the most time during the reading. Sometimes the pages getting loose. Every of these books I put in a newspaper (or so) to secure them. But maybe this is the reason why they are normally so cheap.
    Geändert von Lorien (29.03.2007 um 21:51 Uhr)

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Lorien Beitrag anzeigen
    What do you think about the "outer" qualitiy of the books? I think it's not so good, because all of my english books have allready yellow pages and you can clearly see where I hold them the most time during the reading. Sometimes the pages getting loose. Every of these books I put in a newspaper (or so) to secure them. But maybe this is the reason why they are normally so cheap.
    The outer quality is okay for the price. I won`t buy hardcover books when they were more expensive. The font is cool, but the pictures are terrible. They allways use the same pictures for the cover and no nice backgrond. But it really is the insinde i care about.
    I love getting new books when they have this new feeling. No used pages and not bended. But when I have read them, I like to see that I`ve read them, so I bend them even more.
    I have got no problem with loose pages, but I can imagine that if you bend them too much, they will lose some pages.

Spoiler 

EDIT:
    Look at page 282 of Siren Song. This scene is so genial, I reallly thought that Daniel will die (again). I would have been very sad about that, but the scene ist written very fine, don`t you think?

Sorry, but I must read now!! See you in the evening!!
    Geändert von Malp am Stiel (30.03.2007 um 17:57 Uhr)

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

I also don't would buy hardcover books. The few hardcover books I have, were all gifts or from the book fairs in Leipzig or Frankfurt a. M. (reading exemplars). But my German paperbacks look even better after one reading than the English ones. But I also like it to see that the books were used - I only hate loose pages. And it's quite true: what really counts is the content!!!

And yes, the pictures are not so good. I think they look like some took somme pictures from somewhere and put them on one page. Maybe if we would make them, they would look better.

Spoiler 

Yeah... This was a really hard scene. I've read it so fast the first time to know how it ended that I had to go back a page to read it again, because I missed some lines. The poor Daniel on the ground and than Aris who gives Jack the knife. Jack's doubt... but than his try to kill Daniel... It was really hard and the first time a relief that Sebek is stronger and stops him... And the moment when Sebek left Daniel - first relief than I'd thinking until the end "how can he survive this?!" So much shocking moments, I hardly could breathe.
    I also like the scene in the infirmary. When Jack don't leave Daniel and sit beside his bed.
    Geändert von Lorien (30.03.2007 um 19:20 Uhr)

Standard

Were you at the last book fair in Leipzig? My grandpa and I wanted to go, but we were too late I`ve got two english hardcover books from Star Trek "New Frontier", because I couldn`t wait for them coming out in paperback .

It would be a pleasure to make better covers . It`s like with the DVDs - we allways could make it better *g*. I`d like to know who makes the covers. perhabs an advertising company which has never heard of Stargate

Spoiler 

Hard is good, it was freezing. Even when I read such scenes, I have an itching in my stomach. His look at Jack is described so hard.
    The scene when Sebek leaves Daniel is very stark. You get a little choke in the throat, don`t you?

We really have to read the books very fast, but before I buy anything else, I will buy the second season of Atlantis first. I can`t await wo come back from Hamburg next Thursday

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

Oh no, unfortunately it's some years ago since I was the last time at the book fair in Leipzig. The last time was in the year before I starts studying. I've told you about my apprenticeship in a library. Our school was in Leipzig so we get free cards. It was like a learning trip. And one time the library where I worked gives us the cards and the possibility to visit the fair. Luckily it's not so far away from Dresden. This year I had no chance to go, because I'm a little bit to far away (Graz, Austria).

I`d like to know who makes the covers. perhabs an advertising company which has never heard of Stargate
    I fear you're right.

Spoiler 

It was really freezing. In my opinion it's what shows that this is a good book: you can feel what the author write. I must have the feeling to stand with them in the room (or space ship or forest or whatever). In my mind there had to be clear pictures.
    A little choke?! I remember that I had put my hand to my throat during the reading as if there was an itching. I get the same feeling again, when I read your comment. Spooky...

And now I think we need something funny: "Amazingly, Daniel never seemed to run out of alien conversation starters. Sometimes Jack could barely think of subjects for small talk with people of his own planet; he supposed Daniel's fluency was a gift. Or a curse, for the person on the receiving end of all that curiosity." (page 9) And the beans some lines further!!!

How do you read the english books? With a dictionary beside you or so? When I'm on my way to somewhere I only read, but when I'm at home sometimes I use my dictionary or a good page in the internet for somes words. But I have to say as more books as I read I need much less a dictionary.

Standard

I allways have this feelings when I read goood books, even if they are really funny, I`ve got this. When I can`t imagine, it is no good book. And I don`t like it, when books are too predictable.

Spoiler 

There are not that many funny scenes in "Siren Song". it is more a emotional book but the scene at the beginnig was very funny.
    One comment by Sam on page 43: Jack: What is behind the door? Sam: I don`t have X-ray vision. It is not that funny but there really aren`t very much.
    Perhaps the scene in which Jack sings Deep Purple: Slow motion wal-ter *lol* I allways thought of Walter, the Chevron Guy

I read them mostly at home and then I have a dictionary in my bed (allways read in bed). But I just look up a few woords, perhaps every 8th to 10th page one or two words. Some words I don`t understand I still don`t look up, because then I could never get finished. No idea how I will do it next week on the bus, when I haven`t got a dictionary.

I hate the `-sign when writing in english. I allways type the questionmark. That?s not fine.

Troublemaker Avatar von iolanda
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Hm, how should I begin.
    I do not have loads of time. At the moment, yes, but thats mainly because its holiday. And I love to read. Life is to short for bad books. And now it comes to you:

Can you recommend me some real good english Stargate books? When I was a hardcore Trekkie ages ago I read lots of Star Trek novels, but to be honest - most of them were crap. Written for fans, not for real readers.
    What I would love would be a thrillig story. Good in-character descriptions. Intelligent plots. And maybe even a start to find good Novel-writers by myself.

Major Avatar von Lorien

Standard

@iolanda: From SG-1 I've read only two books, "Siren Song" (Jamie Duncan and Holly Scott) and "Sacrifice Moon" (Julie Fortune). But I've read all the SGA books. I would say "Siren Song" is one of the best Science Fiction books I've ever read. It's not only because I love the series, it's because the description of the characters are very good and much, much deeper. Especially the relationship between Daniel and Jack. And I think the story is exciting and very emotional. Even if you know that it must come to a good end, because it has to fit with the series, there were really hard moments. The story plays in the 7th season not so far away from the beginning of this season. I've read a lot of books during the years and you're right a lot of them are only written for the fans. For example the book to "Rising", the SGA pilot. They could have make so much more with this story (more thoughts of the characters or some more scenes), but they didn't. But I think "Siren Song" is much better. (Don't read the spoilers, if you don't want to know to much about this book. )

Maybe Malp on a stick can recommend an other book. When I've read some of the other books, I can tell you more about them.

@Malp:
    And I don`t like it, when books are too predictable.
    Yeah, that's correct, but I have a really bad habit: sometimes I read how a books ends. When a book is to exciting I want to know how it's end and can't stop myself from looking to the end.

Spoiler 

It's not much, but these moment is also a little bit funny: You're right that "Siren Song" isn't so funny, especially on the later pages. But I think a book also lives from such little scenes. It's a moment to recover, to get strength for the hard moments.
    Another good scene I remember (some more and we've wrote the most of the book inside the spoilers ): on page 23, when Daniel asked "How do you decide what... who... is worth dying for?" And Sam answered "You tell me". This whole page remembers me to much about "Meridian" and what I've felt during the first watching. I was so shocked that they killed Daniel!!!!

When I look for words in the dictionary I always write the german meaning above the english word in the book. I hope so I remember the new word better, but it helps not so often. For some words I look again and again. And some times I'm to lazy to look for the meaning even if I don't understand it. I never would come to an end if I would look for every word I don't know.

You don't have to use the "`"-sign next to "?". What you use is for the french language. You have to use ', it's next to the return key.

Standard

@iolanda: Do you still read Star Trek novels? If you do, I can really recommend the books of Peter David in general and especially his own book series "The New Fronier". After gestting the books in english, I read them very fast and they are really really good. Roddenberry woul be prod of him: New caracters, familar characters from TNG and superb stories, a bit self-ironic sometimes
    Back to topic! I can recommend on all Stargate-books I read, perhaps except "Sacrifice Moon". This one is not too bad but the others are better I still haven't read "Survival of the Fittest" and "Alliances", but I will tell you when I have.

Lorien: Did you read every Stargate Atlantis novel? Then we also can talk about "The Chosen" and "Halcyon". Did you read "Rising", too and what was it like?

Spoiler 

Siren Song:
    I think all the scenes between Sam and Daniel on the Tel'tak were good. They refer very much to meridian, and Sam's thoughts are close to Daniel. And the sentence: And that was a crime! - very god. I like the scenes when it gets to the moral (and they are mostly with Daniel)

The Chosen:
    It's a bit since I read it, but I think the whole book was a little confusing, because the story hops from one pllace to another and is very detailed.
    But the scene at the end in the jumper is the best, don't you think? Shep: Rodney? Rodney: What?! Shep: You have the controls! [...] Shit!! This was a very fine scene and before when Sheppard controls the ancient device, this was also very good.

Please give me some scenes of Halcyon, because at the moment, I don't remember the story.

Yes, I think we could also have set the whole novel in spoiler-tags but shit happens. We got the spoilers for this reason

This with the end reading at first: I do that very often and when the end is very clear, I am dissappointed and reading is not so fine anymore. But I can't stop it

I will take to use the right apostrophe in the future

Now I have to go to the birthday of my cousin. See you later!!

Troublemaker Avatar von iolanda
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Thank you for your recommendation!

For me, reading english books started after school. I made Abitur, had had 7 years of english but wasn't able to read a simple, normal englisch book. That totally pissed me. So I started Strategy 1: The OxAdLeDi (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary). I searched every word I didn't know and it took ages. Too frustrating.
    So I started with strategy 2: I boughed the same book (Black Sun by Sonny Cooper) in german and englisch and read them parallel. If I didn't understand a a phrase in english, I looked after the complete phrase in german. It helped me to understand even more, becase I got the words in context.

Meanhwhile I am very good in reading englisch book, mainly because of Harry Potter. I read most of them in englisch, I only own them in english, but listening to the audiobooks ist still too difficult. While reading I still have my dictonary next to my bed, but I have to look after a word only every now and then.

Extremly helpful for keeping my knowledge in english was, when I joined a british Harry Potter Forums a few yeas ago. It helped me enoumosly in writing, though I am never sure wether my writing is right. I haven't been corrected for ages, ans so I do not know: do I write right or just understandable?

Due to my exams and getting into my job I hadn't hat to much time lately in the forums. Especially there were loads of cooooool kiddos around who wrote loads of rubbish. Recently the forums closed, and some of the members who knew each other for years formed a secret little new forum, in wich I write again.

For writing, I use the LEO-Lexicon, which ist the greatest thing of this kind ever!

http://dict.leo.org/

Edit: Three books are on their way! (Matter resp. Cost of Honour and Siren Song)
    Geändert von iolanda (31.03.2007 um 12:36 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte