Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 37 von 37

Thema: My English

There is good in you... Avatar von Chayiana
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Borealis
    Das gilt auch für Wörter, die nur so klingen, als begännen sie mit so einem Buchstaben. Ich weiß jetzt kein Beispiel, sry.)
    Every word begins with a letter ... *gg* just kidding, I think what you meant is something like "honour", it starts with a consonant, but because you don't pronounce the "h" it's "an honour".

And you're right, such things are important, but I think it's more important for CJO that he gets an inkling of the language itself, meaning that he would be able to form sentences for asking something or such ...

"How do I get to the train station?"
    "Where is the nearest cash machine?" (very important! )

Something like that ... *gg*
    Geändert von Chayiana (11.08.2009 um 22:51 Uhr) Grund: Damnit! *lol*

Patchman Avatar von guguck15

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Borealis Beitrag anzeigen
    @guguck: yea, that's what I ment. It's written "the uniform" but you spell the "the" like in "thief" (thief = Räuber, Dieb)
    In this case it's exactly the opposite 'cause the u at the beginning sounds as if there is an j.
    Stargate in den Mund gelegt
    Spoiler 
    20x Gold 2x Platin 22x Silber 23x Bronze 4x Blech
    1x H&M Gutschein im Wert von 30 Einheiten Trinium
    1x Heute-mal-nicht-so-kreativ-Preis
    1x tickender Teddy
    1x Weihnachtsgeschenk
    1x neuer Stift
    Meine Drabbles:

Blog-Einträge

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Cornel Jack O'neill Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm going to get Continium View in English, because I know so well how everything
    I'm going to watch "Continuum" in english, because I know it by heart.

That would be the right way ... *g*

Herrin des Lichts Avatar von Borealis
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

@guguck: mh... right. I didn't really check out how to pronounce the word. sry.

@Chayiana: "Every words"?
    Edit: thar's the best form, I quess (by heart)
    Geändert von Borealis (11.08.2009 um 22:52 Uhr)

Die Menschen fragen sich, ob es intelligentes Leben auf anderen Planeten gibt, doch ist meiner Meinung nach die Frage eher, ob es intelligentes Leben auf diesem Planeten gibt.

PAINTBALL-TREFF (ab 18) 2012/13!
    Like the weighted companion cube, adding a <3 makes instant likable.

Patchman Avatar von guguck15

Standard

@guguck: mh... right. I didn't really check out how to pronounce the word.
    I'm kinda advantaged, 'cause I'm still pupil. I need to know these things for my tests. (*cough* my last one was graded A+)
    Stargate in den Mund gelegt
    Spoiler 
    20x Gold 2x Platin 22x Silber 23x Bronze 4x Blech
    1x H&M Gutschein im Wert von 30 Einheiten Trinium
    1x Heute-mal-nicht-so-kreativ-Preis
    1x tickender Teddy
    1x Weihnachtsgeschenk
    1x neuer Stift
    Meine Drabbles:

Blog-Einträge

Standard

@Chayiana: "Every words"?
    Edit: thar's the best form, I quess (by heart)
    woult be bether.
    Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Sorry, couldn't help it ...

Blog-Einträge

Standard

HEY!

No, it's alright. I'm learning more english right now than I've been the last year. (Thanks to our teacher . I miss my old ones. They were so wonderfull (I once hat a D but I had deserved it))

Die Menschen fragen sich, ob es intelligentes Leben auf anderen Planeten gibt, doch ist meiner Meinung nach die Frage eher, ob es intelligentes Leben auf diesem Planeten gibt.

First Lieutenant Avatar von Gagan

Standard

You aren't really nice to him I don't know were you all learned English so well, expect of Spica. But I reckon it would be much better, if you explain some things in german. Basically, many basic English rules are missed on his knowledge (ich hoffe der satz ist richtig? wahrscheinlich ist das passiv falsch, könntet ihr ihn verbessern? )

To make the point: You can't learn English grammar, if youre knowledge is very limited.

Also, was Borealis ausdrücken wollte, mach ich mal mit Lautschrift:
    Der Artikel "the" wird vor Wörtern, die mit einem Vokal beginnen, wie ein [di] (weiches d). Und ohne Vokal am anfang des folgenden Wortes, wie ein normales "the" also: [de] (auch ein weiches d)

I think it would also help you a lot, if you watch CCN, BBC or other english programs. In my opinion it's the best when you watch news on tv, because their is a visual part which supports you in youre understanding. Another aspect is the possibilty of comparing with german news.
    Tja, lesen solle man können.

1x Gold bei I'm with stupid

Troublemaker Avatar von iolanda
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Ich finde Nachrichten zum Lernen ungeeignet, da man dazu schon einen sehr hohen Wortschatz und ein sehr gutes Hörverstehen haben muss.

Serien- DVDs sind klasse, weil man sich da den Schwierigkeitsgrad selbst aussuchen kann. Also erst mal deutsche Untertitel, dann englische und dann versuchen, ohne Untertitel rauszubekommen, um was es geht.

Damit kann man aber dann noch lange kein Englisch sprechen, und dazu gibt es eigentlich keine Alternative zu einem Sprachkurs, sei es in der Schule oder in einer Sprachenschule. Dort lernt man dann auch die Feinheiten mit a und an, die für einen Anfänger eh unerheblich sind. Keiner wird einem ne Birne verkaufen, wenn man im Geschäft "a apple" anstatt "an apple" sagt.

Lieutenant General Avatar von Antares
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Englische Drabble sind doch zum Üben eigentlich ideal.

100 Wörter - und meist haben sie einen Pointe, da kann man doch gar nicht die Lust verlieren, selbst wenn man jedes dritte Wort nachschauen muss.

Major

Standard

I learned to speak english in full sentences by watching movies and series in english. The english lessons at school helped me a lot in grammar and things like that - but to find the right words for a conversation was VERY hard for me (and its by now, too). As the last school year started, i can't speak a complete sentence in front of my class, since i watch Stargate (and other series/movies), I try to speak in whole sentences (more bad then right ) and my verbal marks (mündliche note - is das richtig?) were better. (only 6 or 7 points - but over the 5 point border )
    I have to repeat the 11th grade, it gives me the possibility to improve my english skills extremly. I should learn more vocabulary at the coming school year - my word is pool horrible at the moment, my grammar too

I think vocabulary is one important piece and watching series and movies in english the other piece to improve your conversation skills. If you are in USA, you should speak more and more fluently with time, i guess. A dictonary (PONS!) should help you at the basic conversation parts...the rest will come automatically

PS: Ohh man leute...für den Text hab ich mir jetzt so einen abgerackert -.- Ich bräuchte eigtl n jahr in den USA oder so, um mein englisch mal gescheit hinzubekommen. Könnt mich ja mal auf die gröbsten Fehler hinweisen bzw. mir mal meinen grundlegenden fehler erläutern (sollte ich einen machen ).

Greetings
    tr3c00l
    Geändert von tr3c00l (12.08.2009 um 23:47 Uhr)

Airman First Class Avatar von fatal1ty

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Chayiana Beitrag anzeigen
    "Where is the nearest cash machine?" (very important! )
    It's a bit out of topic but isn't it more common to ask "Where is the nearest ATM?". Or does that only count for the states ?

btw. http://dict.leo.org <- also an advisable site.

Blog-Einträge

Standard

@fatal: I think that almost everyone who isn't a native english speaker knowas that he/she needs some kind of dictionary if he/she wants to speak english but if their grammar is lousy then that doesn't help.

I think if you ask someone where the next "cash machine" ist, then ist is alright because I doubt that evryone understands ATM

Airman First Class Avatar von fatal1ty

Standard

But this particular site also has a vocabulary trainer, which I find very useful.

It's just that I heard that phrase more often. Maybe it's just my roommate that uses it frequently.

Blog-Einträge

Standard

Zitat Zitat von fatal1ty Beitrag anzeigen
    It's a bit out of topic but isn't it more common to ask "Where is the nearest ATM?". Or does that only count for the states ?
    ATM is definitely more the american way of naming a cash machine. *g*

Where I live people say either cash machine or cashpoint...or simply hole-in-the-wall! Honestly, I never heard someone say "ATM", sorry.

Generally, the american and the british english are far more different than people would think. My colleague has been downright appalled, when I used the word "fall" instead of "autumn". I'll never do that again, I promise!

She's also always ranting around about the way the americans write certain words, like center *shivers*, it's centre! *g*

Anyway, it's always interesting to see and discuss these differences.

Rush Freak Avatar von teyla-nick94
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

When we learned the difference between american and british englisch at school most of us were absolutely confused. They are too lazy to learn their vocabulary and because of that fault they get their terrible marks. I can't really understand why people are so lazy at that point. They only have to take 15 minutes to learn the words. But they don't do it.

Young: For the sake of the crew
    Rush: For the sake of the crew

3x Gold, 5x Silber, 9x Bronze ein Gutschein für einen Beziehungsberater, ein paar grüne Topflappen, 1 Zitronentörtchen, 1 von Michaels Schokoriegeln, 1 Eis, Einen Tok’Ra zum Selbstausbrüten in Stargate in den Mund gelegt

Chief Master Sergeant Avatar von Torri

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Cornel Jack O'neill Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a Engish Book Serie, from Susan Clarke! But this is not easy for me!

hah, try to read Jane Austen now that's hard...well not hard but...advanced...kinda...well, actually not so much if you're into period dramas but for most people i guess it would be pretty challenging *lol*
    Geändert von Torri (28.04.2011 um 17:53 Uhr) Grund: duuh, forgot to quote xD

Auf der Suche nach einem fixen Zuhause für deine FanFictions? Dann bist du bei uns genau richtig!
    Jetzt auch auf Facebook über neue Stories informiert werden! Einfach Like'n.

Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12